Thursday 9 - Sunday 12 February
- Two of my Doric poems and a flash fiction piece will form part of a light and sound installation during the fourth annual Spectra Festival of Light in Aberdeen.
Saturday 18 February, 7pm onwards
- As part of the Inspiration Point celebratory weekend, I am hosting a literary salon in the Lemon Tree featuring readings by Northeast writers and the recipient of the 2017 Dr Gavin Wallace Fellowship. Tickets available soon.
Sunday 26 February, 10.30am-12pm
- As part of Granite Noir, Aberdeen's first festival dedicated to crime fiction, I will be co-facilitating a Dark Doric creative writing workshop with John Bolland in Aberdeen Central Library. Tickets available here.
Friday 10 – Sunday 12 March
- I have been invited to attend Regensburg's first Scottish-Bavarian Literary Festival, Aye!, across this weekend. During the festival I will read some of my own short stories, some works in Scots and take part in a discussion about links between Aberdeen and Regensburg, and the Doric and Bavarian cultures.
Monday 24 April
- As part of this year's Look Again: Visual Arts & Design Festival, I am delivering a lecture and two participatory workshops alongside Sue Fairburn (Gray's School of Art) and Sally Thomson (GHAT) which reflect on our experiences working as part of #BUKA, an arts-in-health project in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe in 2016.
Sunday 28 May
- Several works of mine are to be published as part of The Granite Mile, a new publication edited by Peter Arnott featuring writing from the Granite Writers group, which was formed after the National Theatre of Scotland's Granite production. The book launch will involve a rehearsed reading featuring actors such as Joyce Falconer and Morna young, and will take place at ACT Aberdeen as part of the 2017 May Festival.
Sunday 2 July, 2.30pm and 7.30pm
- As part of Aberdeen's Silver City Stories festival, some new work of mine will be performed as part of Union Street at ACT Aberdeen. Tickets are free and can be booked here.
Saturday 29 July, 10.30am and 2pm; Thursday 3 August, 10.30am
- Alongside musician Abi Sinair, I will be facilitating Anchors Away!, a fun storytelling and music session for 3-8 year olds (and their parents!) at Aberdeen Maritime Museum and Aberdeen Treasure Hub as part of AAGM's Say Hello to Summer programme. Tickets can be booked here.
Thursday 24 August, 8pm
- As part of Edinburgh International Book Festival's touring programme, I will be hosting and reading new work at Aberdeen Booked! Unbound alongside Jake Arnott, Morna Young, Leila Aboulela, John Aberdein and Esther Woolfson. This free event will take place in ACT Aberdeen's Theatre.
Tuesday 29 August
- As part of Cumberland Lodge's 10th annual Life Beyond the PhD conference, I have been invited to present a talk on my post-PhD career inside and outside of academia. This is part of a 4-day programme for PhD students from across the UK.
Tuesday 26 September
- Alongside Lesley Hart, Morna Young and Neil Cargill, I will be performing a new 10-minute theatre piece on the theme of 'Home' in The Lemon Tree as part of Paines Plough's Come to Where I'm From series. Book tickets here and find out more about the project here.
Thursday 31 March – Saturday 2 April 2016, nightly 7.30pm
- Granite: The Story of Aberdeen, a National Theatre of Scotland Production, Marischal College, Aberdeen
Wednesday 20 April – Saturday 23 April 2016
- I wrote the lyrics for two songs appearing in the 2016 Aberdeen Student Show, Michty Mia! at His Majesty's Theatre, Aberdeen
Thursday 28 April – Monday 2 May, daily 10am-5pm
- Unreal Estate Exhibition, Bon Accord Shopping Centre, Aberdeen. Part of the 2016 Look Again Festival of Visual Art & Design
Thursday 12 May, 7pm
- I will be chairing a post-show discussion following a performance of Ishbel McFarlane's O is for Hoolet at The Lemon Tree
Sunday 22 May, 3pm
- As part of the 2016 Coast Festival, I will be reading at a Northeast Writers event alongside poet Jen Cooper and a talk by Professor Alison Lumsden at Banff Castle, Aberdeenshire.
Friday 27 May - Sunday 29 May 2016
- Reading with Helen Lynch at the 2016 May Festival, University of Aberdeen, Saturday 28 May, 10-11am
- Reading as part of the Polari Literary Salon, University of Aberdeen, Sunday 29 May, 8-10pm
Monday 29 August, 7pm
- Reading at Unbound! as part of Edinburgh International Book Festival's Booked! Festival in Aberdeen Arts Centre and Theatre Café Bar.
Sunday 4 September, 7pm
- Reading as part of 'An Evening with Pushing Out the Boat' at The Blue Lamp in Aberdeen. Advanced tickets available from the POTB website.
Wednesday 5 October
- I'll be reading an excerpt from The Sleekit Mr Tod as part of an Into Film event for primary schools at The Belmont Cinema, starting at 10am.
- I am running a beginners' poetry workshop for adults at Aberdeen Central Library on the theme of 'messages' to celebrate National Poetry Day from 6pm to 7.30pm. Booking info.
Saturday 15 October, 12-1.30pm
- I am running a prose workshop for adults exploring Aberdeen City Libraries' Treasures Collection. Booking info.
Friday 4 November, 7.30pm
- Reading with Val McDiarmid, Mari Hannah and Karen McLeod as part of the Polari Literary Salon hosted by Paul Burston at the Assembly Roxy (Upstairs), Edinburgh. Further details here.
Wednesday 14 December, 6-7.30pm
- I'll be running a free Dickens-themed beginners' story-writing workshop at Aberdeen Central Library. Find our more and book a place here.